Ok so this worked for me to test updates to the MAN A app. I had previously looked at innumerable guides on the internet to no avail. Putting versions in the Google Play store is fiddly and slow. This is fiddly but reliable.
- First in Unity make a copy of the working MAN A version you want to test.
- Add new content.
- if you have added extra Vuforia databases then open Scene 1. Click on dataSetLoader, then click Reset Dataset button then Calculate Dataset – this will remake the list of Datasets that get added to the split IPK – in my case adding a new Vuforia database.
- Now open ‘Build Settings’ – Build and Run wont work so instead Build to a folder.
- Plug in phone, open ‘Andoid File Transfer’ Mac app use it to add a new folder, navigate to that folder and copy the Apk and Obb to there.
- On phone use ‘ES FileExplorer’ app to navigate to your folder and click on the Apk to install it.
- Copy the obb file into the Android/Obb/MANA folder – it is called something like ‘com.gibsonmartelli.MANA 14’
- in that folder copy the name of the existing obb & rename your obb to that, deleting the old one.
Worked for me!